Saturday, February 07, 2009

Timing is everything...........

So here I am on day 16 of bedrest..........I've stopped going out for my daily excursions, and am no longer dealing with my children. My father-in-law arrived last Sunday, back from an almost 3 month visit in the US. He was here on Monday, picked the boys up from school and hasn't stopped since! Actually, on Monday, hubby took the day off from work as we were supposed to go to a Brit Milah for friends' twin boys, but that wasn't in the cards.......

I had a doctor's appointment Monday morning, and yes, the blood pressure was up again. The doc was kind enough to let me go home with the promise that I would return in the afternoon after resting for a couple of hours, but that I should come prepared that he may send me to the hospital if my pressure was still up. So we cancelled the plans to go to the brit, and hubby and I went back to the doc.

Luckily, the pressure was down a bit and the doc figured out that I was better off having the nurses do my pressure manually. Then I got my serious talking to..........long story short, doc let me go home, but with stricter conditions.

I am no longer running around for my daily excursions of picking the boys up, bringing them here or there, etc. etc. I AM IN BED for the most part, or am on the couch with my feet up. My father-in-law picks the boys up from school, brings them where they need to go, brings them home, cooks, cleans, goes grocery shopping and........does laundry! Hubby gets home from work around 7/7:30ish, plays with the boys, sometimes does their shower (sometimes FIL does it), and one of the two of them does stories and puts them to bed. *whew!* exhausting just thinking about it, right?

Anyway..........so why the title about TIMING??? Well, first off, we had FIL come home a week early if you remember to help out. Then the day he came home, we really NEEDED him that much more. But there's more to address in regards to timing...........

Ya see, hubby needs to go to the states next week. Yes, you heard correctly, NEXT WEEK, as in, when his wife is on bedrest, being considered high risk, and is going to be 36, going on 37 weeks pregnant! Soooooo, we're calling in more troops..........my mom is changing her flight to come in on Sun or Mon, mother-in-law is going to be coming back on Tuesday, and well, I'm going to be keeping my legs CROSSED!!!

Bottom line, TIMING IS EVERYTHING........I'm planning to NOT go into labor and am banking on the fact that my boys came at 39.4 and 39 weeks, with one being induced. Sooooo, the likelyhood of this little gal coming early is slim to none.......right? I just have to lay low to make sure that the blood pressure doesn't go crazy and then warrant another induction.

Keep your fingers crossed with me and send me STAY IN BABY vibes!!!