Monday, September 22, 2008

Never thought I'd call myself shy........

But I think that's what I've been.........would you believe I am in my 16th week, and I haven't spread the word around the school yet? It's bizarre to me. I've never in my life considered myself SHY! But that's what I feel, a shyness about telling people. There are no superstitions attached, no real reasons, other than it's too much attention to call to myself to just come out with it.

I told 2 people today though! And I must admit, it was liberating! One teacher who is quite quiet herself told me that it looked like I was losing weight.......I laughed and said, the opposite! I then said I'm gaining up front here...and pointed to my growing belly.......would you believe she didn't get it!! I then just came out and told her I was pregnant. It was a strange feeling, to be working side by side these people day in and day out, and to suddenly say, "oh by the way...." But like I said, it felt good.

Then just now i had to arrange to be able to leave early on Wednesday........I have what I think is going to be the BIG ultrasound (we MAY be able to find out what this little thing is growing inside of me..........and if possibly I'll be able to FINALLY one day put my braiding talents to good use!). So anyway, I had to arrange to leave early and it works out that that day my last hour is a half class that I split with the class' homeroom teacher. Soooooo, not that you guys REALLY care about these details, but I told her why I needed to leave, wrote it in an email.

So I feel good, like I've OUTED myself! hee hee. I can finally breathe at school, let the belly out, and dress more pregnant! silly..........but sometimes feelings are.........