Thursday, February 28, 2008

Kicking myself and keeping fingers crossed....

So hubby's American passport is expired or expiring. At this point I don't remember. He needs a new one, that's all I know, as we are all travelling this summer to the U.S. He's going at a different time than we are, going in June while we are still in school, so that he can attend his brother's graduation with his Master's Degree.

ANYWAY.....I was organizing the renewal for him, printed out the forms, filled them out, reminded him a thousand times to get the pictures done, and then took it to the post office to mail off.

Here's where I think I messed up..............

I put in a personal check from our bank in the U.S., made out to the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv. Unfortunately I think I was supposed to purchase a bank check instead. UGH. I'm even afraid to look it up on the embassy's website to know if I did it wrong or not. I know that they received the documents, we'll just see now if they send back the check and ask for a bankcheque instead.

ugh, KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED.........

UPDATE: not that anyone cares, but I got an email from the embassy and they will be returning EVERYTHING. ugh. the jerks. The least they could do was hold it all and tell me to just send the proper payment. Instead they are returning it, and I have to pay the postage again to send the passport, the forms and the check, instead of JUST one bank check in an envelope. jerks.