Friday, February 29, 2008

a Pity Party turned FUN...

So yes, I started out having a PITY PARTY......hubby and his dad took the boys overnight up north to Mt. Hermon, Israel's "hot spot" for skiing, sledding, and seeing SNOW! I had the option to join them, to be a part of it all, but I declined. I chose instead to hang out at home alone with the pup, and to just take it easy. I just wasn't into going away.

Strange you might say, since tomorrow is my birthday. Yup, 37 years ago, I came into this world. And yup, I'm spending it alone. Well, at least I've got CREMBO to hang with, right? hee hee

Anyway , this morning was hard for me. The "boys" all left around 8am and I was really upset by it. I always have a hard time with goodbyes, even if it is only for 2 days!

But I've had a nice day so far. Here's what I've done...................

  • I hung around in my pj's till noon!
  • I took a nap at 9:30 am!
  • I went shopping--bought some things at the pharmacy that I needed (including a one time HairMoisturizing Pack), AND I got a new shirt with the gift certificate that the 'laws gave me for my b-day, and I got some munchies for the evening.....
  • YES, dream munchies for the evening........2 words for you: BEN & JERRY!!! I was happy to find the lowfat chocolate brownie frozen yogurt, and yes, it is amazingly DELISH!!
  • I took a jacuzzi bath.......and shaved my legs!
  • I gave myself a PEDICURE and painted my toenails RED!
  • I did the moisturizing HAIR PACK on my hair.....
  • I started a new book.
  • I did some reorganizing in the kids' rooms and playroom......I had bought some new bins while out shopping and when I got home I put them all to good use!
  • I lined the fence that we share with the neighbors because CREMBO the puppy keeps trying to go over there to visit the little neighbor girl who (annoyingly) sits at the fence and calls the dog! (grrr.....and that's not crembo growling, it's me!). And yes, Crembo went under the fence the other day to "visit" them, and I had to go through their house and down to their garden to go get her.
    • GEEESH................isn't that ENOUGH???? AND, it's not even 8pm! Tomorrow my plans are to grade some papers, watch a movie (hmmm, maybe I'll go watch one now--after Biggest Loser that is!). Tomorrow I need to do some laundry and get some cleaning done, but AT MY PACE! OH, and I plan to sleep as late as possible!! AND.i AM GOING OUT WITH FRIENDS AFTER SHABBAT.
***I'M SO GLAD I WROTE THIS, IT MADE ME REALIZE HOW NICE OF A DAY I'VE HAD AND MADE MESS PATHETIC FOR SPENDING MY BIRTHDAY ALONE!!!