Wednesday, September 12, 2007

L'shana Tova u'metuka!!!

Wishing you and yours a Happy, Healthy, and Sweet New Year!!!

I used to send out New Year's cards with pictures of my son (at the time I had only one), and before him I sent out cards hand signed and a personal message included to each recipient.

ugh. Starting to ask myself why I feel sometimes like I can't get it all together to do stuff like that anymore. Instead I'm going to turn that question around and claim that this year I am going to TRY to be more on top of connections. My "Moshav family"....with whom I lived back in 1989 for a month when I was here on the YJ Year Course after high school program...........I haven't been in touch with them in AGES! And they live near Sderot and I feel awful for not calling often and for not inviting them to come for a visit, or for going to visit them. ugh. So I am going to call them now and I am telling myself that I will invite them to come for a shabbat lunch in the near future. Maybe while my mom is here......

oh, yes, didn't I tell you? Mom is coming on the 29th! She will be with us for a week, then on Monday she's going down to the Dead Sea for a conference for the Parents of North American Immigrants or Israelis, I forget what the I stands for. We'll meet her there that Friday night, she's booked us a room!, then she'll come back with us Sat. and will be here for a few more days till Tuesday. Not a bad visit. Broken up, enough time to do stuff while we're off for sukkot, and not too much time sitting around the house with nothing to do. (keeping fingers crossed)

ok, done babbling. I need to go clean the kitchen, the floors, and change the sheets on the beds. Oh, and the washing machine is beeping at me too, so I need to take the dry stuff off the lines and hang the wet stuff, and then fold and put away the dry stuff. ugh. Isn't it nice having a day off? ***cough, cough, BS, cough cough!!!***

And back to the real reason I started this post......................WISHING YOU ALL A SHANA TOVA!!! Thanks for stopping by, for reading, and for commenting. Hugs all around, me