Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What an experience...........

Ok, so the past 24 hours have been, well, let's just call them an experience! My mother arrived yesterday afternoon. As we were standing in the 'Arrival Hall' waiting for her, she called from a payphone nearby, she had been out, waiting for us already for a half hour!

"I got in the shortest passport line, and as soon as I got to baggage saw BOTH of my bags come off the belt FIRST!" she boasted. "I was off the plane and out here in 30 minutes flat!"

We were shocked, what a miracle..........ahem, until we were in the elevator on the way up to our 3rd floor apt. and I looked down at one of her bags. "Um, who's Florence Smith*?" I asked. "WHAT?" she said, "OH NO!........it's not my bag!!!"
*name changed to protect well, us....don't want the owner of the OTHER bag to
come find us!

ugh.

So we came in, and luckily the bag that WAS hers was the one with all of the goodies and presents for the boys. Who cared if mom had clean undies, right? So they dug in and were so excited for all of their stuff.

And I started calling, and calling and calling. Each number either doesn't answer or does answer and tells you to leave a message. And all of the numbers that I had were completely wrong. So this morning, when hubby and I were out looking at some houses, we took the suitcase with us, along with mom's passport and tickets, and just went back over to the airport ourselves. Sof-sof (finally) we retrieved the CORRECT bag, and to mom's credit, they were like 99% identical. But to her DIScredit, isn't that why she put the 2 bandanas, and the big plastic BULLSEYE tag on her bag???? hee hee

ok, so yes, you are all waiting for my joke of the day..........WaysofZion, thanks for the comment, glad you're enjoying! (you just might be alone!) hee hee ok, so here goes......................enjoy!

Lunch
______
A Jewish man took his Passover lunch to eat outside in the park.
He sat down on a bench and began eating. Since Jews do not eat
leavened bread during the eight day holiday, he was eating Matzoh,
a flat crunchy unleavened bread that has dozens of perforations.

A little while later a blind man came by and sat down next to him.
Feeling neighborly, the Jewish man passed a sheet of matzo to the
blind man.

The blind man handled the matzo for a few minutes, looked puzzled,
and finally exclaimed, "Who wrote this crap?"