Monday, November 06, 2006

Only when you're 3...........

So my strong willed child wanted to wear his RED COOL PANTS (RCP) last week, but they were dirty. He was having a major fit and wanted ONLY to wear his RCPs. At first he wouldn't even take off his pajamas, he was really standing strong on this one. I could have easily taken them out of the laundry bag, but I had already told him they were dirty and that he needed to pick another pair. I didn't want to give in to him, and bottom line, I didn't want him wear dirty pants. I finally pulled the pajamas off of him (yes, with a bit of a struggle), and he sat naked on the carpet in his room, except for his socks, crying "I want my RCP" over and over.

It was all I could do to keep from laughing. It doesn't end here though.

I did all of the right things: I took out 3 other pairs of pants that he could choose from; one even had red on them; I told him I would wash the pants and he could wear them tomorrow; and I sympathized with him saying "I know you love the pants and I know you want to wear them, but we do not wear dirty clothes."

But nothing worked. :(

I got frustrated and started to say things I shouldn't. The volume of my voice raised, and the tone was not exactly kind and compassionate. And then I said IT, the "THREAT" that came back to bite me in the a$$..........................

"I'M LEAVING IN 3 MINUTES. IF YOU DO NOT GET DRESSED, YOU'RE GOING TO GO DOWN TO THE CAR NAKED!"


So picture this...............and you have to picture it, because as is already evident, my brain wasn't working too well that am, and I didn't think quickly enough to grab a camera or to snap a shot with my phone.

Anyway, as you can guess...........he picked up his pile of clothes that I decided in the end was his only choice, picked up his backpack, put on his Crocs, and calmly left the apt, NAKED AS A JAYBIRD, stood for the elevator, rode it down the 4 flights to the parking garage, and walked to the car as if it was a normal morning and he didn't spend 40 minutes arguing over his clothes, and as if he were ACTUALLY WEARING CLOTHES!!!

AARGH................CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!!!