Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And now, from the mind of a 5 year old....

As you saw in my last post, Ilan, my 3 year old can often turn stubborn and strong willed. He is a matok (sweetie), don't get me wrong, and I love him dearly from the top of his head to the tip of his toes, but this is how his pendulum swings...between cute and funny to stubborn and strongwilled. On the other hand, my 5 1/2 year old's pendulum swings to the side of SAP and just pure sweetness.

He has been known to offer a hug and say, "I love you more than you love me!", or to just come over and ask for a hug as well. He is just like that. He is sensitive to the core, and can be brought to tears when a voice is raised at him, even if the voice raiser is justified.

Anyway, we had one of those "WOW, SAPPY" moments this afternoon.......Aviv was playing on his own while Ilan was 'helping' me hang laundry. So after about 10 or so minutes and we hadn't heard from Aviv, he came outside to join us and to proclaim that he had MADE UP HIS OWN SONG...........IN HEBREW!!!!

So, here goes, Aviv's song..............oh wait, the guide to the hebrew: geshem=rain; perach yafeh=pretty flower; Ma?=what?

Geshem, geshem, geshem, geshem,
Geshem, geshem, geshem, geshem,
Perach Yafeh...Perach Yafeh....
Ma? Ma? Perach Yafeh! Ma? Ma? Perach Yafeh!
Geshem, geshem, geshem, geshem,
Perach Yafeh!!!

I'm kvelling...........