Sunday, October 08, 2006

I'm Starting a MeMe.......you've been tagged!

Ok, here's the deal, I just read JerusalemGypsy's post about some major things that have happened in her life (and her family's) this past year, and it sparked a thought. It felt like a perfect opportunity to start something............a Memory MeMe . So, here goes.

OH, and if you're reading this, YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! hee hee, got ya!

MEMORY MEME

List at least 5 things that have happened in your life or your family's life this past year. They can be life changing moments, events, or simple moments. They can be easy experiences or traumatic times. Now, go...........and don't forget to pass the MEME on by tagging some of your favorite readers! :)

1. Is of course the obvious..........we sold our cars, quit our jobs, rented out our house, sold half of our crap, packed up the rest, and moved to ISRAEL! pretty life changing I think.

2. I passed the 11th anniversary of my father's death. This year's yizkor service (memorial service during Yom Kippur) was for some reason (maybe cuz I'm in Israel?) extremely intense.....very real and emotional, but cleansing nonetheless.

3. Making new friends has been a biggie for me this year. For many years I had been surrounded by many of the same people, and with this move, through the internet and locally now in our town, I have made some new friends whom I have come to rely on. It's nice. (not to diminish the importance of old friends or their place in my heart, life, etc.)

4. My little guy graduated out of diapers. This was the change for me from having one big boy and one baby to having 2 big boys! It's been a growing experience for me as I have been learning to step back and allow them to increase their independence.

5. ugh, I'm stumped with this one. I think i've listed enough in the others to cover though.

....hope you've enjoyed reading. If you've gotten this far, it's time to go to your own blog and list yours, and if you don't have a blog, or you're feeling lazy, list yours on my comments!

Have a great day........wishing you all a coming year filled with special moments, non traumatic stuff, etc. etc. hugs, me