Monday, September 25, 2006

CALGON......take me away!!! or, at least let me sleep!

so yes, it is 4am and I have been up since 2:15ish. Ilan started then with the "im thirsty" routine, it progressed to crying and holding his nose....... "Does it hurt? is it runny?" I asked......... "No, it's smelling" WHAT? "It's smelling the room" he tells me. Now, knowing that I had not (yet) passed anything offensive in his room, I knew this kid was bonkers and needed some sort of placebo to pacify him. So I gave him a wipe and sent him to bed. Luckily, I thought it might be a good idea to allow myself to be drawn to the laptop and the couch. I say luckily because sure enough, over the next 2 hours he has proceeded to call "emah............." at least a half dozen times. I finally brought him out to the living room with me, he slept and snored on the couch for a half hour, and just woke up to pee (yes, partly in the jammies that had to then be changed). Now, he has proclaimed he is hungry and is eating graham crackers and a cheese stick.

CALGON..............TAKE ME AWAY!!!!