Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bumps in the road...

So, the "laws" have left (mother-in-law, father-in-law)....on their way back to Israel. Knowing that they'll see them in 2 months, the good-bye was much easier for my kids. Last year, I remember one of the good-byes had all of us in tears. Aviv (now 5 years old) is so sensitive, truly wearing his heart on his sleeve. It was nice to see him confidently letting them go.

We're having a hard time on the home front with the "cold feet" creeping their way in again. Hubby is leaving in 2 weeks to spend 2 weeks in Israel scoping out the job prospects {anyone out there reading this who has connections in the technology field??? drop me a note, PLEASE!}

The hardest thing is that he is HAPPY with his job, doing well, and feeling like he is accomplishing things. It's not like he's leaving a cesspool environment. On the contrary, things have progressed nicely this year, and he feels truly established. Makes it harder to go....makes it harder to break away....brings on the questioning thoughts about the whole journey.

He's actually come out and said that if he doesn't feel better about it all after his trip, we may have to re-evaluate our situation. That makes me want to cry. I just can't imagine NOT making aliyah at this point. I can't imagine changing our minds and staying. I am not miserable here by any means, it's not that I wouldn't be ok if I stayed. I just REALLY want to go.........

If you are one who prays.....add me to your list. I'm feeling like now that it's not up to me anymore. I want it to happen, I've done everything I possibly can to make it happen, and now only time will tell. The bumps in the road are the hardest part. I'm just hoping and praying that we have enough of what it takes to get over those bumps so that we can continue on our journey.