Monday, June 09, 2008

Ugh.........CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!!

I must preface this all by telling you that my hubby is in the US for 2 weeks. He left this past Thursday night, and will be back a week from this coming thurs. I've been trying to keep the boys busy during the holiday weekend, but it hasn't been easy. We spent Fri. and Sat at the pool, but not since then........

Ya see, my big guy hasn't been feeling well.......it's nothing serious, but he's had some fever on and off since Sat. It seems to be his typical way of getting sick...lethargic, tired, fever. Sat we had been at the pool and he seemed fine, but when we got home I realized it. Sun. we relaxed all day, went to the friends' for dinner (don't tell them)...he was feeling better and we needed to get out of the house. Had fever when we got home, and again was up at 5 am with the headache. Today again, we took it easy, did go to friends' for brunch (again, don't tell---I'm awful, taking a sick kid everywhere!). then we relaxed more, and then went to a movie and a fancy dinner at Burger King. The fever was actually down when we got home, but at 11 he got up and the fever was up.

He took some tylenol (reluctantly) and went back to bed. About 10 minutes later, he came up to me saying he was FREEZING. He laid down on top of me, I covered him with a blanket and was rubbing his back. I asked if anything else hurt, he said no. A min. or so later I told him I was going to take him down to his room and he suddenly said his throat and stomach DID hurt.

Then he made a funny face, then a funny sound, and.......

(do you see where this is going?).......................
.....
.........
.............
.............
.............
............
........
..........YUP.............HE PUKED HIS GUTS OUT ALL OVER ME!!! (STOP laughing!!!)

So yes, we got ourselves cleaned up, he stood in a warm shower for a good 10 minutes while my little guy helped get pj's for his big brother (why should he stay asleep and miss the fun?), and now at midnight, they are both back in bed (and hopefully for good).

Thank goodness there is no school tomorrow. so much for his Water Day at the tzaharon kaytana day (1 day camp for holidays at his after care). poor guy. Poor me. Glad hubby is having fun without us........grrr....

ok, thanks for listening. keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow this will all be over......