Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Works for me Wednesday...

I've decided to join in on the fun over at Rocks in my Dryer with her WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY posts. The idea is that you post something that "works for you" and then you link back to her blog post, and then your link is posted on her blog as well.

This week there is a special theme for WFMW.........online shopping. Sooooo, I wanted to share my online shopping experiences and favorites.

Living so far away from much of our family, we are often late and sending last minute gifts. Seeing that there are no Walmarts or Targets in this country, it's not always easy to find that perfect gift and get it to the post office. I have found that it is much easier to search the net and to "chick chock" as we say (like the 'in a snap' expression), have it sent off for me. Here are a few of my favorite online shopping sites:

www.personalizationmall.com ---I had personalized stickers and a stamper sent to my neice last year. very cute and reasonably priced.

www.giftcertificates.com ----I've had a few gift certificates sent to my nephews for their birthdays. It takes the guess out of what to get for kids who have it all, and it allows them to pick something special for themselves.

www.logosportswear.com -----this is the coolest (at least I thought so)........I had a Tshirt made for my brother for his 40th birthday. It was fashioned as a college tshirt, with his last name as the name of the university. it was cute, also fun to put a personal touch to it.

*My favorite thing about sending personalized gifts from an online shop is that it enables me to send something that doesn't feel so generic. HOPEFULLY the recipients realize that a little more thought and time goes into it, and they appreciate the effort. I think they do. :)

WORKS FOR ME!!! What works for you??? Post it and then link back to Rocks in my Dryer! join the fun!