Sunday, June 03, 2007

bizarre........

Ok, so we're in a dilemma...it's a really strange thing.........so my brother and family will be here this coming Thursday for a little over a week. Apparantly, they will be shlepped around most of the time by a friend of my brother's in-laws. The whole mishpucha is coming........my bro, his wife, 3 kids, her parents, my mom, and my aunt.

Here's the thing.........on Saturday we are on the agenda. (yes, his mil has put together this whole itenary thing driving us all crazy for months now). anyway..........they are supposed to spend Sat. with us, minus the in-laws (they have friends in the J'lem area with whom they will visit on Sat.). So we are wanting to take them somewhere but we are ONE SPACE short in the 2 cars that we have (my 'laws are going away, so we'll have theirs as well...). I'm trying to figure out how to do this dance.......

I had the idea that maybe I could swap one of our cars with one of my friends' VANs........but nobody is willing to do it. There must be something going on in this country that I don't know about. Two friends have mentioned that just to do that, to lend us their car for the day, that they would have to switch the insurance or something!!! It's so bizarre to me...........in the states, as far as I remember, this is one law that wasn't as uptight as it is here. I'm in shock.

Oh well, as we say here in this country..........MAH LA'ASOT??? What to do? In other words, there's nothing to do about it! :)