Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Doo-Doo, the plumber.......

YES< style="font-weight: bold;">THIS IS THE REAL REASON WHY I MADE ALIYAH--SO I COULD HAVE A PLUMBER NAMED DOO-DOO!!

hee hee Actually, it's really Dudu, a nick name for David, but it's so much more fun to picture his name written as Doo-doo!!!

But right now he's not making me smile AT ALL!!! I am sooooo annoyed. We have had a problem with our heater for ages, and for ages I have been making appointments with this shmuck and he keeps putting me off. Last week, he was supposed to come on Tuesday at 11, I rushed home from something, he wasn't there. I gave him till 11:30, called and he was tied up, in the middle of a burst pipe, could he come around 3? I had no choice but to say ok, as if I said no, it's not like he would have come anyway. And guess what? yup, you're right.........I called him at 3:30 to see where the blank he was, and of course, he wasn't able to come right then, he would be there by 5. So, at 5:30 he showed up, goes to look at the heater that is leaking, and says there are no leaks there, it's from the rain.

RI RON'T RINK RO!!!! went the little scooby do voice in my head as I nearly blew a gasket (but I held back, cuz i didn't want to have to ask him to fix any MORE leaks...). And I showed him where the water was. IN THE CLOSED CABINET INTO WHICH RAIN DOES NOT POUR!

So, he spent about 20 minutes out there alone as I got the kids finishing their dinner and into the bath, and he comes out and says it's all fixed, he raised the water pressure (which indicated to us in the first place that there were leaks), and he left...."Call me if the pressure goes down in the next couple of days, but you should be fine for at least a month before you have to fill it up again." he said.

Well, long story short..........pressure was down next morning, leaks were still there and quite evident now in the daylight, and I called him. This was LAST WEDNESDAY. He couldn't come Wed, I was supposed to call him Thurs, I was busy, called him Sunday (yes, remember, this is Israel, Sunday is a WORK day), and he said he would come Monday morning, to just call him first thing in the am. SO I DID.........and he said he could come at 11am YESTERDAY. I left early from my student teaching, waited till 11:30, called and "OH, I'm in the middle of a burst pipe here, I can't come now." He wanted to come at 3, but I was leaving to take the boys to a play at 4 so I told him no. I told him to come today, this morning, and that I wanted to be the FIRST PLACE HE CAME TO AT 8:30. He agreed, 8:30 was set, and well, would ya' look at that.............what time is it??? It's just now ELEVEN AM!!!! And no, he's not here yet and I am losing my patience. I called him 15 min. ago and yelled at his voice mail cuz he didn't answer, and I just don't know what to do. I am just fuming..................
ok, I feel a little better, back later to fill you in...........

update: Doodoo came and "fixed" the 2 little leaks that I showed him below the heater. We shall see if he really did the job. I have a hunch that he fixed the wrong pipe, or missed one, or something. I just haven't had good experiences with him, so i can't be positive. Keeping fingers crossed........