Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tidbits.......

Ok, so I'm watching OPRAH right now, just sort of switched it on at the end. She and Robert Downey Jr. are picking names from a huge vat of postcards and calling out the names. I guess the picked people win something, I didn't catch that part yet. The funny thing is though that it took me a second to realize that I was actually listening and feeling like "pick me, pick me" for a split second or two. Then I remembered that I have no idea what this drawing is for NOR did I send in a postcard! hee hee Just a brain fart moment.

Anyway, so I'm feeling a bit better, but not yet 100%. Trying to get my act together, get the house cleaned, laundry done, etc. But hmmm, doesn't exactly happen sitting on the couch, does it. oops, washing machine stopped, I'll be right back..........

ok, back and YUCK!!! I just found a backpack in my room that felt a little heavy when I picked it up. (Any other moms of little ones will know that backpacks of all sizes are often used for day trips here and there to hold changes of clothes, hats, and yup, you guessed it, FOOD). Anyway, me being the Psuedo healthy mom that I am, I always try to pack fruit and healthy stuff for my kids to snack on here and there as we go places. So yes, you guessed again, this backpack had been there for at least 3 weeks, and yes, there was food in it, and yes, when I opened it up swarms of fruit flies or something flew out! YUCK Yuck YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!!!

So I wanted to tell you about my washer/dryer.........you remember how crazy life was for me before it actually came on the lift....I was shlepping a load or two a day over to my in-laws' house to wash, returning it here to hang and dry, etc. etc. Not fun. ANYWAY.....when the lift arrived and they hooked our machine up finally, I was so thrilled I didn't care that it was/is a bit noisy. My kids sleep through anything, and often i actually felt that the noise helped to put them to sleep at night since the machine is right by their room and blocked the noise from the tv. So 2 nights ago I get a phone call from the neighbor downstairs who originally got on our shit list because she complained that our tub was leaking and had us tear up the tile all around our tub two times to find the leak that ended up needing to be replaced from her side of the ceiling! So she called and the next day came over to complain more about how noisy the washer and dryer are and how it's so noisy she cannot be in her home when we have it on, blah blah blah. She has no kids and doesn't know what it's like to need to do a load or two a DAY! So now I have an appt. for the service people to come on thurs. to check why it is so noisy. I just don't want to hear her bitching anymore. ugh. no fun. the only bitching allowed around here is mine, doesn't she know that?

So what else can I tell you? Ya know, I think I remember reading somewhere about how to kill these fruit flies...........going to go look that up and will let you know if it works. I know, I should just throw out the entire backpack, contents and all, but I sort of like this bag, it's a decent one, and there was a hat in there and a great travel coffee cup that we were wondering where it had disappeared.

ok, I'm off, no more procrastinating. Thanks for reading if you've gotten this far. Have a great day!