Monday, September 11, 2006

Tribute.....Douglas MacMillan Cherry

Ok, so in true SusieStyle, I signed up (or at least I must have, because my name is there, but really I don't remember doing it....anyway) to participate in the 2996 memorials in tribute to victims of the 9-11-01 terror attack on the twin towers.

I have been assigned to DOUGLAS MACMILLAN CHERRY. I did not know him, and I have no connection to his family or friends. But when kvetch commented on my last post and mentioned that she was looking forward to my post, I felt awful dropping the ball.

So please, take a moment to meet DOUG CHERRY..... he was only 38. He had a wife and 3 children. If you go to the link, you'll see messages posted by family and friends. It's very moving.

And my eyes tear up, because I think of the children, and the wife, and the number of times each day that my own children ask when their father will be home from work. I am lucky to have an answer that they want to hear. My eyes tear up because I think of the thousands of children who are still waiting for their Daddies or Mommies or Aunts or Uncles or Grandparents to come home again. But they never will.

Thinking of all of the children today.......especially Doug Cherry's children.....