Thursday, August 31, 2006

BOOK MEME.........

t's this month's Book Meme. Here we go!

1. Name one book that changed your life:

~~~~~I'm thinking THE CELESTINE PROPHECY.....I read it at the recommendation of my hubby, when we first started dating (again after a break, long story). The whole concept of life having no coincidences was a really good thing for me to hold onto at the time and has helped me see things I may have never seen had I not been open to their reason.


2. One book you've read more than once:

~~~~~It would have to be CLIFFORD'S SPORTS DAY.......it was the ONE Clifford the Big Red Dog book that we hadn't packed after the mistake of taking my kids to see a production of Clifford LIVE! on stage. My little guy was obsessed and for about 6 weeks straight, we read CLIFFORD'S SPORTS DAY every night before bed.................. "Hi, I'm Emily Elizabeth, and this is my dog, Clifford. Last week, I took Clifford to my school's sports day. Clifford had never been to a Sports Day before." AARGH!!!


3. One book you'd want on a desert island:

~~~~I'm thinking it would have to be any book that would have the words SURVIVAL ON A DESERT ISLAND in the title.....


4. One book that made you laugh:

~~~I read this book recently that was called I think TURN LEFT AT SANITY. It was a trip, about this woman who had inherited a brothel from her great grandfather; she ran it now as a B&B, but her old aunts still lived there, former brothel employees. It was a laugh and a half!

5. One book that made you cry:

~~~~hmmmm......can't think of one off the top of my head.

6. One book you wish you'd written:

~~~~I don't know if that's ever been a dream of mine, to wish I had written any sort of book. Just not in me.

7. One book you wish had never been written:

Mein Kampf by what's-his-name, the dead guy;----I'm with BakaDiary on this one!

8. One book you're currently reading:

~~~Currently reading TENDER AT THE BONE, by Ruth Reichl. It's cute, nice book. I got it and a few others from a friend before I left the states.....she said take whatever I want from her shelf, so I helped myself. :)


9. One book you've been meaning to read:

~~~~~I want to read the EXODUS again. I read it years ago and felt then and there that I should be living here in Israel.

10. Tag five people:

hmmmm......I think I'll tag the last 5 that commented on my blog. Let me go back and check who they are...........

Mia

bec

gali

evan


liza

GO FOR IT GUYS!!!!