Thursday, June 22, 2006

MEN!

omg! I just had to share this one...........sitting here this morning drinking some OJ and having a treat of a bagel on the couch leisurely as the boys are starting to get themselves dressed for camp. It's a typical routine...they take off their pj's, run around nudie for a while, and eventually pick out underwear and clothes. The little one is still wearing pull-ups at night (more for my sanity than his wetness protection). Anyway, when he takes off the pj's, he takes off his own pull-up and throws it in the trash. Usually it's dry and he just puts it in the bathroom garbage. Today, it was dry again, but for some reason he came running through the living room and proceeded to throw it away in the kitchen.

At the same moment, I heard the big one going to the bathroom. I called out from my perch on the couch, "Good Job Aviv, I hear you peeing!" (positive praise encourages the action to occur again, but also encourages the younger one to copy the good behaviors). ANYWAY.......this is where I remind myself to be careful what I wish for..........

SUDDENLY.......I started to hear the sound of peeing in STEREO! It was as if it was closer than the bathroom, and it wasn't hitting water of a toilet, it was the sound of the little one PEEING ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR!!!!

huh???

I jumped up off of the couch and ran to the kitchen. Sure enough, there he was standing like a deer caught in the headlights peeing onto the kitchen floor! I grabbed the closest thing, which just happened to be a little garbage can that was waiting to be thrown out and I kept saying, "STOP, STOP, STOP!" but he couldn't stop! He just kept peeing, like a college kid at a keg party..........it was amazing! No wait, it wasn't amazing, it was gross! I was squatting there, holding a garbage bin for my kid to pee in, and there was a huge puddle of pee on the floor! wrong, wrong, it's just wrong!

So finally he finished peeing and I asked why he did that.

"b'cause my penish just wanted to."

MEN!!!