Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Excuse me.............

Well...........I went to the library about a half hour ago to pick up my Pimsleur Language Program: Modern Hebrew. I got the CD version so that I could play them in my car. I put CD #1 in the car while still in the parking lot.........listened to the conversation: (I'm putting it in English, but of course, they had it in hebrew then broke it down word by word)

"Excuse me, are you American?"
"Yes"
"Do you understand Hebrew?"
"Yes, I understand a little Hebrew."

Fast forward CD to lesson 2.

"Excuse me, are you Israeli?"
"Yes. Are you American?"
"Yes."
"Do you understand Hebrew?"
"Yes, I understand a little Hebrew. Do you understand English?"
"Yes."

Put in CD #2 because there are only 2 lessons on each CD..........

"Excuse me........." AARGH!!!!

.....................By the time I had reached home, I had finished the entire 4-CD program. I actually thought there were 5 CDs, but the 5th one was the User manual. Not much use after I've listened to all of the hebrew lessons in the total of 5 minutes that it takes to get to my home from the library!!!!!

ugh. off to go see if there is a level 2, or 3 or 4 that I can get. I think I will have to go back to my paper/pencil and work with the old ulpan books I have. I was hoping to fast track myself with some CDs, but I don't think that's going to happen. frustrating.