Wednesday, December 07, 2005

...It just "FEELS RIGHT"...exerpt from our essay for Nefesh b' Nefesh application

Israel has played an important role in our lives as a family. Making Aliyah is something that we have talked about for years. “One day…” we’ve always said. Each visit to Israel over the past 8 years has brought us closer to this decision. This past summer, we spent a month living with my in-laws in Israel. It took about 3 or 4 days for us to both realize that this was where we needed to be. It just “felt right.”

In the past, when we’ve spoken about the possibility of moving our family to Israel, tears would appear, and I would get that sinking feeling in my stomach. This summer, I didn’t feel that at all. It was as if I suddenly knew that NOW was the time, it just felt right.

How will we manage? Where will we live? How will the kids adjust? These of course are the questions at the forefront of my mind. Interestingly enough, the answers that I give myself are all the same, “We’ll manage. We’ll live where we find a place, and the kids, they’ll be fine.” Like I said, it just feels right.