Sunday, August 09, 2009

Balagan in so many ways........

Luckily I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I wanted to share today a list of How my life has been a "Balagan" lately... (a mess, topsy turvy, filled with craziness)

let me count the ways............. (or at least let me bullet them, I like bullets better)

  • My sister-in-law has been visiting in the country for about 3 1/2 weeks now with her 3 kids, staying most of the time at my in-laws 25-30 minutes away..........our kids had many sleepovers there, her kids here, we did some kid swapping some nights, and a couple of night all 4 of them stayed here to give the grandparents a break. OH, and for 2 nights, the grandparents, along with the uncle and his friend took all the kids on a 3 days tiyul........
  • Which brings me to the uncle............not the sister's husband, but my hubby and his sister's brother, and his partner are here visiting from San Fransisco....staying with us, and being pretty good house guests. They took a 4 night trip to Turkey, and are now taking another 3 or 4 night trip down south, so it's been broken up, but still....more company.
  • my middle guy had his SIXTH BIRTHDAY yesterday............still can't believe I have an 8 year old and a 6 year old. wow. We did the family thing and went to the beach for the afternoon/evening. I think the kids all had an amazing time.
  • my boys are starting a 3 week session of a local camp for Olim today..............can you see me doing the happy dance in my living room??? I'm looking forward to not having to entertain them each morning/day. Hopefully they enjoy it.
  • balagan, balagan..............oh yes, let's not forget I have a baby who is now FIVE MONTHS OLD!!! She is so amazing, so super sweet, and S.O. H.E.A.V.Y,,,,,,,,,and ugh, she's been teething. The drool drips down her chin, and she's constantly in search of the next victim whose finger she will not only put in her mouth, but SHE BITES!!! And did I mention the separation anxiety??? It's a fancy word for saying that she freaks out when other people except for me and hubby hold her. joy.
  • And since we're talking about the baby, we might as well mention the inevitable that plagues me daily...............going back to work and leaving her. It is the single most difficult, stressful, heartwrenching thing on my mind these days. I have to leave her. I know she'll be fine and I trust the woman who will watch her, but I've never had to leave a baby before. Teachers go back Aug. 24, 25, 26........then for good on Sept 1.
  • Which brings me to the bottle situation.............she is a breastfed baby. She nurses for her nourishment, but we started solids (or really just colorful liquids that used to be fruits and veggies) about a month ago. I wanted to be sure she would be ok with other stuff when not with me. She does fine, she has also gotten to the point where if she cannot nurse, she will drink from a bottle to satisfy her hunger. PROBLEM IS................I don't pump often enough. I need to get my butt in gear and just set up a time that EVERY DAY or EVERY NIGHT BEFORE BED I pump as much as I can in a half hour. That's my goal for the week, to get in with that..........
  • Speaking of goals for the week................the HOUSE IS A MESS!!!
  • aargh.............
  • balagan, balagan...............so yes, this is why I don't blog daily. I'm aiming for once a week so am doing ok. I've been sitting now for almost 15 min. and need to get up and clean for another 10 or 15, baby steps, baby steps................
oh, and as if this all wasn't enough for me to deal with, the city is telling us to BOIL OUR WATER for 10 minutes before drinking it today. Are you kidding me???