Sunday, May 21, 2006

More random senseless Babbling........

The suspense is killing me...........Hubby had a presentation to give today at the place where I can't tell you that he sort of had a job offer. We say sort of cuz we are not counting chickens till we get a contract on those chickens signed, sealed, and delivered (go ahead, sing....SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED!....not that I know who sings that, it is in my head now though too)

NEway, he and my FIL (father-in-law....did I need to spell that out?) were going after the presentation/group interview down to Beer Sheva for an Educational Technology conference of sorts that FIL got info on. (FIL before retirement was a big-wig in Misrad HaChinuch). Soooooo....with the paranoia on calling the US with the cellphone, nobody is calling me and the suspense is killing me!!!

UPDATE: Just got off of the phone with SIL; FIL called her to tell her about something else, and told her that Hubby called FIL at the time he was supposed to meet him to go down to Beer Sheva to tell him that he was not going to be able to make it because he was still meeting with them!!! AARGH!!! that's good, right? Just soooooooo nerve-wracking! HOLY $hit! ok, deep breaths...............remember the lamaze, right? ugh.

I woke up this am, calculated what time it was there and tried to send positive vibes......it's my own version of the power of prayer. So here I am. Just had my coffee, the boys are playing nicely (which as any of you with children 5 and under KNOW....it's a good thing, a rarity when they don't always NEED me, and just wonderful to hear them making up dinosaur stories in the other room).

So my mind is wandering around today. ...... bear with me......

OH, got CROCS for the boys last night. One of Aviv's friends has a pair, so he's been dying for them; started especially when I bought mine. I'm thinking I may need to get myself a different pair and give Hubby mine. I think I bought mine a bit too big.

I'm going to a Hadassah luncheon today. yippee. It's one with the entire region......average age of the local Hadassah woman is definitely mid-70's. should be fun. ugh.

So, did I tell you that my baby is now wearing ONLY big boy underwear during the day!?!?! He still wears pull-ups at night, but that's fine by me....hoping to also put them on him for the flight. But wow, my baby.......

Had a couple of people come by and look at the house yesterday. Keeping fingers crossed that something pans out. We are trying to rent it, hoping to hold on to the one investment in this lifetime that we have. It's such a hard thing though, having people come through, they say how lovely your home is, they love it, wow, it would be perfect for them, then you never hear from them again. ugh. The two yesterday were very interested. We'll see. One is perfect credit guy; moving his family down from up north, researched schools, knows he wants this area, wife wants to buy though, so we'll see. The other is working girl, her sister, and sister's son.....they're in a 2 bedroom now, and want something bigger. They had no idea that the middle school for this area is top notch, and were thrilled with the space. My thoughts truly are that even though perfect credit guy has perfect credit and will not be a liability at all, he may be a pain in the ass......and the working girl et al. will be so grateful to be living in such a nice place.

??? stay tuned for what happens, both of them may never even call again!

So, are you still with me? Still listening to my ranting and raving? There's more..........

Did I tell you about the paving of our street last week? Every 3 years, this little development of not even 100 houses does a seal-coating on the asphalt. We've lived here just under 3 years, so I think the last time must have been done just before we moved in. Anyway, they blocked off my cul-de-sac and the entrance to our street for like 3 blocks, and made us park an additional 3 blocks away from that in the community playground/park area last Sun night through Tues afternoon so that they could do the sealcoating. IT RAINED, poured, stormed, AFTER they got the stuff down, and now..................yup, you guessed it................they need to do it AGAIN. Now mind you, I like a good walk now and again, but I do not like having to shlepp everything I need for the day, the boys included, only to have to do it again later in the rain (which hopefully we won't get caught this time). And I'm just venting cuz it's annoying that they're doing this. ok, vent over, keep your fingers crossed that the weather stays nice, and that the thermometer doesn't get too much higher than the mid 80's we've had, not that that's cool in any way, ugh.

ok, so I'm done for now, thanks for listening, thanks for reading, and by all means, thanks in advance for commenting......don't we all blog for that anyway? the comments. :) Hope you are all having a great day! I'll keep you posted on Hubby, who by the way, comes home on Friday! yay, we miss him...............

ok, later.......