Friday, December 09, 2005

The boys love Israel too....

My son A. was talking to a friend the other day during a play date. Keep in mind they are 4. Well, he'll tell you 4 and a HALF, but you get the picture. Anyway, somehow the topic of LAUNDRY was brought up. Here's the conversation:

A: Did you ever hang up your laundry to dry?
friend: no
A: well I do that sometimes, when I'm in Israel with my safta. We hang up laundry. Isn't that cool?
friend: no response, not quite sure what the heck he was talking about!

It was cute!

Another day, my little one I. came in the room with one of the Israeli car flags that my in-laws sent one Yom Haatzmaut. I. handed the flag to A. and A. said, "That's an Israel Flag, I. I love it, do you?" To which I., only 2, replied, "I love it, it's bootieful" And the best ending of the whole thing........A. sat on the floor waving that flag as high as he could without standing up and sang, "Kol od baleyla pme, emah. Nefesh yeludi, no, emah." It was the sweetest butchering of the Hatikvah that I had ever heard!!! Pat on the back for their synagogue preschool!!!